Dennis Estacion, CET, CITP, MBA, CPA, CMA
Senior Endpoint Security Architect
The need for a Corporate Endpoint Security System
Time & Date: Moved to 2022 (bad road conditions in BC).
Location: Room E207, 1000 KLO Rd., Kelowna, BC (at Okanagan College) and Online (TBA via emails and vTools)
Registration is open now: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/294130
Abstract: Information security is to protect information from unauthorized use, disruption or destruction. There are three categories of control used to secure information: management, physical and operational security. Endpoint Security is the practice of securing endpoints or entry points of end-user devices, and falls under this operational security category, being one of the security topologies applied to a subset of systems like desktops, laptops or other mobile devices. The four common attack vectors of endpoint security are shadow IoT devices, BYOD/mobile devices, insider threat and insecure applications. Some consequences of endpoint security failure are theft and sale of the customer and member list to competitors, payroll data leaked to employees, private information of customers or employees leaked, and your data encrypted and held for ransom. Any of the resulting financial, regulatory and reputational impacts could undermine a company’s viability. Endpoint security is no longer optional for any size of the enterprise.
Graduated: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of the Philippines
Graduated: MBA, Queen’s University
Current Designations: Certified Engineering Technologist (ASET); CITP (Certified I.T. Professional), American Institute of CPAs; Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) – granted this designation concurrently after the unification of Alberta accounting bodies in 2015; Certified Management Accountant (CMA), CMA Alberta
Information Technology Security Experience:
- Technical lead (research, architectural design, deployment and documentation) for the project to migrate Trend Micro OfficeScan XG to Apex One endpoint point security at Nova Scotia Power and CPA Alberta.
- Currently working as Technical lead (business analysis, research, architectural design and deployment) for the Trend Micro Apex One security endpoint system upgrades in a large environment of 60,000 endpoints and assistant technical lead (business analysis, research, architectural design & deployment) for the Trend Micro Deep Security Management system. (Confidential Customer)
- Managed McAfee EndPoint Security servers for Calgary Co-Op and Divestco customers, as well as supported McAfee endpoints for TELUS customers.
- Technical lead for SCAP security compliance at CPA Alberta, deploying GPOs for remediation; as a baseline security review utilizing GPO Analyzer at Calfrac.
- Technical lead (business analysis, research, architectural design, project management, deployment and documentation) for the Symantec High-Availability Server project at Western Financial.
For further information please contact: Youry Khmelevsky (email: Youry at IEEE.org) and subscribe for the news at https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=okanagan&A=1)
Refreshments and Pizza will be provided